Are you starting a business in Spain or would you like to do so? Are you from a non-EU country? Then read on because this is of interest to you... Did you know that there is a visa for entrepreneurship in Spain that allows you to develop your project and at the same time you have permission to reside in Spain legally?
This visa can be requested by any foreigner from outside the EU who is going to develop an innovative entrepreneurial activity of special economic interest for Spain.
If they are outside Spain, they must apply for a residence visa for one year for the sole or main purpose of carrying out the preliminary procedures to be able to carry out the entrepreneurial activity; if they are in Spain, i.e. they have a stay or residence authorization or an entrepreneur visa, they must apply for an express residence authorization for entrepreneurs for two renewable years, which enables them to carry out an economic activity as an entrepreneur;
where should it be applied for?
In the case of visas, they must be applied for at the Spanish Consulate in the country of origin or residence, and in the case of residence authorizations, they must be applied for at the Large Companies and Strategic Groups Unit.
What documents must be presented?
1. Identity card or passport.
2. Public or private health insurance with an entity operating in Spain.
3. Proof of sufficient economic means for yourself and your family members during your period of residence in Spain.
1. Prior to the application for the visa or authorization, a favorable report on the entrepreneurial and business activity to be carried out in Spain is required.
Where is the favorable report obtained?
For visas, the report of interest of entrepreneurial activity must be requested at the Economic and Commercial Office of Spain in the area of the geographical demarcation where the visa is being applied for. For residence permits, the entrepreneurial activity report must be requested at the Directorate General of Trade and Investment. What is an entrepreneurial activity of economic interest for Spain? Those business and/or entrepreneurial activities that involve the creation of jobs and/or have an innovative character for Spain, and/or involve investment for Spain. The business plan of the project, in particular: the professional profile of the applicant, the activity to be developed, how many jobs will be created, the characteristics and qualifications required for each one of them, where the project will be developed (geographical area) and how much the investment involves.
What additional benefits does this visa bring?
1 . The residence authorization allows to reside and work and is valid throughout the national territory.
2. Joint processing of the authorization of the spouse and children.
3. The National Employment Situation does not apply.
4. Expedited processing:
- Visas resolved and notified in 10 working days '
- Residence authorizations resolved in 20 days.
- All residence authorization procedures are centralized in a single window: Large Companies and Strategic Collectives Unit.
If you have any doubts or would like to know more about the process, do not hesitate to contact us!
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.