We may have various preconceptions about hostels, but the truth is that this type of accommodation is becoming more and more popular, offering better and better value for money. In addition, you can look for hostels that perfectly fit what makes you feel more comfortable, for example, there are hostels that offer shared rooms with beds for 4 people, others with beds for up to 20 people, there are mixed rooms, only for women, only for men, you can even find hostels that offer private rooms with or without bathroom.
The biggest difference between a hotel and a hostel is the atmosphere, because while in a hotel the experience is usually more individual (even if you are traveling with your family) and there is only the option of having private rooms, in a hostel the community and the constant coexistence among those who are staying there, so if this is what you are looking for, the hostel is your best option.
Here are some advantages of staying in hostels:
1. The price: Most of the time the price of a shared bed in a hostel is cheaper than a hotel room. That is why hostels are usually the favorite choice of travelers who want to save a few bucks on lodging, besides, many times you only arrive at the hostel to sleep and recharge your batteries for the next day.
2. Location: Hostels are usually centrally located, very close to the main tourist attractions, so you won't need to worry about spending part of your budget on transportation.
3. Services: Many hostels have services and spaces that will make your life easier, for example, laundry service, bicycle rental service, barbecue, swimming pool, and the main one: kitchen. With this you will be able to save a little money by having the option of cooking your own food.
4. Common areas: In hostels there are common areas where you can have a drink or snack, read a book, play a board game, watch movies, and even have a musical "jam" singing and playing instruments with other guests. These areas encourage the coexistence among travelers, giving space to share experiences, anecdotes and tips and many times to form special bonds with those who are looking for and living the same as you.
5. Great option if you are traveling alone: Staying in a hostel if you are traveling alone is one of the best decisions you can make, firstly because of the economic price and secondly because it is a great opportunity to meet other travelers who will keep you company throughout your stay and with whom you can share various experiences. In addition, many hostels organize activities such as parties or tours, with which you will have more opportunities to mingle with other guests.
6: Atmosphere: The atmosphere in hostels is usually quite relaxed and it is very likely that you will find more than one person to connect with deeply, who has ideas about life similar to yours, because in the end, those who stay in hostels is because they are looking for a way to broaden their horizons, to travel and meet new parts of the world and new people.
We invite you to read more of our articles !
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.